Saturday, March 21, 2009

National Labor Relations Act - Is a Teleprompter an Agent?

This weekend, I'm researching "How to Form a Union 101". Because the Big Guy is one of very few "lawyers" who require our services, I don't have much legal text in my memory so I'm starting from scratch. I'm a little concerned that Teleprompters don't seem to be covered in the National Labor Relations Act, under Definitions; but believe "agent" may be our open door.

From the NLRA (Title 29, Chapter 7, Subchapter II, § 152. Definitions)

(13) In determining whether any person is acting as an “agent” of another person so as to make such other person responsible for his acts, the question of whether the specific acts performed were actually authorized or subsequently ratified shall not be controlling.

In the case of the Big Guy, believe we have this one nailed.


No comments:

Post a Comment